Occupational therapists guide and instruct patients with physical and developmental problems to help the patient learn how to live independently. Skilled treatment helps patients in activities of daily living through the use of adaptive equipment, family education, sensorimotor skills, exercise, hand therapy and orthopedic splinting for upper extremity dysfunction. We provide:
- Certified hand therapist for orthopedic, tendon and neurological injuries, overuse and arthritis.
- Treatment of lymphedema (swelling of the arm or leg) by patients who undergo surgical or radiation therapies for cancer.
Centerpoint Medical Center also treats:
- Ability to perform daily tasks
- Adjusting to occupation-related tasks after care
- Hand/upper extremity injuries and disorders
- IPR Neonatal development
- Upper extremity work conditioning
Staffed by specially trained therapists including a certified hand therapist and a LANA-certified lymphedema specialist, the department uses technology such as the Greenleaf and BTE lines of equipment to assist the therapist in objectively evaluating patients.