COVID-19 and Pregnancy - An Update for our Patients
We would like to take this opportunity to update you about your maternity care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and assure you that our dedicated team of expert nurses, physicians and midwives are committed to providing safe and effective care to every patient who walks through our doors.
Advanced care with a human touch for you and your baby
When you choose to have your baby at Centerpoint Medical Center, you can be sure that you and your baby are in skilled, compassionate hands. We’ve delivered nearly 8,000 babies since our hospital opened in 2007. We offer the most advanced, family-centered care available — with a human touch.
We’ll listen to you before, during and after your baby is born. We want to know exactly what kind of experience you have in mind to help you create a detailed birth plan. And we’re fully equipped and experienced to handle the unexpected, including any emergency that may arise.
Our doctors are trained and experienced in handling all kinds of births, including multiples and those at high risk. They work closely with our highly experienced maternal and fetal medicine team, neonatologists, nurse-midwives and other professionals to make sure every baby and every mom gets the safest, healthiest and happiest start possible.
Here are just a few more things you’ll appreciate at Centerpoint Medical Center:
- 9 private, spacious labor and delivery rooms, each with a rocker and reclining chair for your labor coach
- Private postpartum rooms where you can relax, get to know your baby
- Dedicated lactation consultants available daily, with highly trained nursing assistance, to support mom with breastfeeding
- An electronic infant security system, easily identifiable staff members and robust communication for your baby’s safety and security
- A level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) for babies who need advanced, 24/7 care
- Two surgical suites reserved for women’s services
- Prenatal classes for expectant moms