Job Code: 09726-48605
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women’s Services, including the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in eastern Jackson County to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
- This position performs routine and emergency ultrasound procedures in accordance with the departmental policy and procedure manual and the Radiologist’s request, producing exams of acceptable technical quality.
- Knowledge of ultrasound department operations, strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required as well as ability to interact with patients, physicians, and personnel in a pleasant, positive and courteous manner.
- The technologist in this department provides care for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 and 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 65 years of age and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
- Must be a graduate of an Ultrasound program.
- Current registration/licensure/certification in good standing with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Must be registered in vascular and a minimum of two of the following areas: OB/Gyn, Abdomen or Breast.
- Certification in BLS required.
Last Edited: 08/29/2017