Emergency Care at Centerpoint Medical Center
If you are having a medical emergency, please call 911.
In an emergency, every second matters. That's why Centerpoint Medical Center offers emergency care 24 hours a day, seven days a week for people of all ages. We have board–certified physicians in Emergency Medicine and critical care nurses and support staff who are available around the clock. We offer:
- A Level II Trauma Center
- Technologically advanced monitoring systems, an electronic medication system and on-staff cardiologists who have the capability to monitor EKG results from a remote location.
- A Chest Pain Center accredited by the National Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- A Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and Certified Advanced Heart Failure Center
- A specially designed and equipped seniors-only Emergency Center staffed with medical personnel who have undergone additional training to recognize, diagnosis and treat conditions unique to geriatric patients.
- A Computerized Physician Order Entry System that eliminates handwriting errors.
- ER wait times publicly available via text or online.
Conditions that we treat in the Emergency Department include:
Whether you are experiencing a minor emergency or a life-threatening situation, we can provide the emergency care you need. We are located at 39th Street and Jackson Drive, close to Independence Center.
- 2012 General Thoracic Surgery 3-Star Quality Rating
- 2013 ACTION Registry®–GWTG™ Platinum Performance Achievement
- 2013 Get With The Guidelines® Heart Failure - Gold Plus
- 2013 Get With The Guidelines® Stroke - Gold Plus Honor Roll
- 2013 Mission: Lifeline® - Bronze
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures™ 2012