Job Code: 09726-44796
Evenings (rotating weekends)
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women’s Services, including the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in eastern Jackson County to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
- This position performs routine and emergency ultrasound procedures in accordance with the departmental policy and procedure manual and the Radiologist’s request, producing exams of acceptable technical quality.
- Knowledge of ultrasound department operations, strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required as well as ability to interact with patients, physicians, and personnel in a pleasant, positive and courteous manner.
- The technologist in this department provides care for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 and 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 65 years of age and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
- Must be a graduate of an Ultrasound program.
- Current registration/licensure/certification or registry eligible with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). For registry eligible techs, must become RDMS registered in one of three areas, within six months of hire date: OB/Gyn, Abdomen or Breast. If not currently registered in vascular technology, must become registered within six months of hire date.
- Certification in BLS required.
Last Edited: 03/27/2017
One Company, Many Careers
As a part of the HCA Family, Centerpoint Medical Center is committed to delivering high quality healthcare in the communities we serve. Learn more about our parent company, mission and values, and career growth opportunities.